5.14.2012

Mother's Day

Mother's day definitely wasn't the easiest day of the year, that much is definitely true.
Yet, I feel that me wining and complaining about how much that day hurt is completely unnecessary. I don't want this post to be all about me, and how hard mother's day was on me. Though it was my first technical mothers day, I don't want to talk about me. I want to talk about my mom. For that's who I was celebrating yesterday.
My mom is loved by so many. She is one of the  most beautiful people you will ever see, and she's that way on the inside too. She loves Mariah Carey, and was the one who taught me to love 80's music, and rock and roll. She is a fashionista, and I find her wearing a new out fit almost every day. (She is probably rolling her eyes by now.) My mom has always been one of my biggest supporters, even if she didn't always agree with my choices or decisions. She is like that with all of her kids. She has an unconditional love for each one of her children, and always tries to treat us all equally; down to making sure we all get the same amount of presents.
My mom has always been my best friend. She is the one person I've always been able to go to and talk to throughout my life, and she has always been there. My mom and I are both feisty... I learned it from her. Which is why when I was at home we definitely liked to argue, but my mom being the amazing mother she is was usually always the first to come and say sorry, and give me a hug.
She is someone who works hard for what she wants, and won't give up. She's recently lost 35 lbs, and that was all from her pure will to get healthy.
She is one of the strongest people I know, having gone through so much, and passed through so much trial and tribulation, she was able to come out the strong beautiful person she is today.
I really couldn't ask for a better mom. She is everything you could ever want in a mom, and I love her so much.
I know it's late mom, but happy mother's day. I can't even tell you how much I love and admire you. I always have, and I always will. Thank you for helping me become the person I am today, I wouldn't be where I am without you.




2 comments:

Rachel Elder said...

I can't believe how hard Sunday must've been. You do have a great support system though! You're mom is amazing and beautiful inside and out! I wonder why you're so great too:) ?

Jennifer May said...

Thinking of you, Ashlee. You are strong, and your mother is indeed wonderful!