5.31.2012

Memorial Day

 For memorial day Orange and I decided that we should do something fun. Our minds kept on heading toward going somewhere, in which we could dip our toes in to some water, or our whole bodies, whatever. Not positive on this plan we headed out to grab some grub, after giving our new car a test drive (more on that to come.) I convinced Orange to go dine with me at a little place called Terra Mia, a delicious, authentic Italian restaurant my family loves. My father went on a church mission to Italy, and he enjoys anything that is close to the real thing. The owner at Terra Mia is from Naples, so you know this is good. I had never taken Orange there because I wasn't positive they were gluten free. Turns out, they are, and I was so ecstatic about it, that I just had to return. 




The food was so good, I gobbled it all down, as you can see in the photo above. 
Now, after a good meal, you can't ever go wrong with some Gelato. 
Oh so delicious!


After venturing into the mall, and stalking our good friend who worked there, we realized we probably wouldn't have enough time to go swimming like we had originally wanted to,  but we did however have time to go to my grandfather's grave. Which is something I'd really been looking forward to. I hadn't got to see my grandpas headstone in place, because the last time I went there it was only a marker. (see here.)

It was nice to see his tombstone. I still can't believe it's almost been a year since he's been gone. That just seems so crazy to me. It still feels so fresh. I miss him greatly, and am so proud of everything he accomplished in this life, including being a veteran. I was glad that I was able to take the time during that day to go and see him. 
Afterward, in which I don't have any photographs, we had a barbecue at my parents house with family and close friends, then we headed off to see Clash of the Titans. Still deciding how I feel about that movie... 
Anyway, I think it was a pretty successful memorial day, even if we didn't get to go swimming. I'm still dying to try out my new bathing suit. Maybe Saturday then. 


You may have noticed some changes around here. It will probably undergo a few more changes before I decide that I'm finished. Let me know what you think.

No comments: