1.12.2012

Newly Wed Rule of Thumb Post 2

If you are newly married, that probably means you are going to be living in an apartment. If not then, disregard what I just said. Personally I love living in an apartment. I definitely want a house someday & I go house hunting quite often. But when you are newly married I think it is so fun to have a tiny little space all to yourself. It calls for  more snuggling, and closeness. I highly recommend getting an apartment when you first get married, just for a little while.
Anyway, that's beside the point. I made the reference to living in apartments, because generally when you live in a house, you have a dish washer.
I unfortunately do not have a dish washer, and it is the biggest pain in the butt. Dishes get piled on top of one another when we are done, and it is just so much effort to hand wash the entire mess. So it grows and grows, until you feel like the dishes are taking over you whole home.
It's no way to live people.
& so, if you do not have a dishwasher in your first apartment, let me digress, just wash those awful dishes off as soon as you are done with them. Yes, it does take some time, and it's not the funnest thing in the world, but  it is definitely better than taking hours on end washing a giant mess of dishes from long ago, which probably stink like your dogs bumb. (Yes I spelt bum wrong, but that is how I like to spell it, and say it, so sue me. Seriously though, you should try saying bumb. It's fun.)
Anyway, my point is just rinse those mangy dishes of after you are done, and your life will be much happier.

& on a last note. If you are in this situation, buy yourself a drying rack. It is a magical thing, and will save your life when doing those dishes. 

2 comments:

stephanie hammer said...

i have a dishwasher & the dishes still end up like that........... oh dear.

Kylee Celeste said...

im seriously loving you for this.