3.29.2010

What's that four letter word?

What is love? Thats a very good question and not one to be answered easily. It's quite difficult to explain really. Love is quite complex. It's a little bit of everything all wrapped into one. You never know when you're going to fall in love... but you know when you do. When you're in love you come to realize that your heart doesn't belong to you anymore, it belongs to that person, and it fills so full, as if it could rip out of your chest. You know you're in love when all you want to do is be with that person for the rest of your life. But you know you have TRUE love when you want to not only be with that person for the rest of your life, but forever, so Your love will never die.You know your in love when you absolutely positively cannot think about anything other than this person ALL THE TIME. Even when you are thinking of other things they are always still there in the back of your mind. When this person is near you all you want to do is be close to them forever, never leaving that moment, and when they touch you it's like your soul is set free, and you can feel ever FIBER of your being erupting in emotion. Love is definately worth the struggle to keep alive, because if its real the flame of your love will never die, it will only become as embers...slow burning and UNQUENCHABLE.

To think... I once wrote this. To think I once really felt that insane emotion called love. Yes, once a long time ago, I truly was in love. Sometimes I wonder if that feeling will ever come back to me. Since this particular person I was in love with shredded my heart into a thousand pieces, I have yet to experience this emotion again. I'm actually truly terrified of it. It's one of the greatest things in the world, but can also be one of the most painful. Since this boy I've had a few that have come along trying to sweep me off my feet. None of them have prevailed though. I need to wait, I know. Be patient is what I keep reminding myself. I'm still young, I need not worry about such things right now. But there is this part of me thats longing, begging for it. I have a feeling this particular part of me is going to get me into trouble. If I don't see me dating them, then what's the point? Come on Ashlee shape up. Too bad the only boy I truly like doesn't notice me.
Gotta love irony.

No comments: