9.30.2010

Life lessons

It seems to me like I've been let down a lot lately by people I didn't really think I would ever be let down by, but I've learned some very valuable lessons.
I've learned that even when someone says they're not going to do something, they're still probably going to do it. The one person who was never supposed to let you down probably will. Your friends will talk behind your back, and sadly enough you're probably going to talk behind theirs. You will feel left out, and you will leave people out. But that is life. You learn how to deal with those situations every time they happen, so that the next time the opportunity presents itself you will know better, or be strong enough to handle it. Life is hard, but we can either complain or just get over it and live it to the fullest.
I've complained so much about being left out, because in all honesty I have been. Whether people like to admit it or not. Yet, I have also even unintentionally left people out too. I can't point fingers or judge. That is hypocritical. Since I know how badly it feels to be left out, I really think I need to make a conscious effort to include people more. I will also try not to be so offended when someone leaves me out. There are much worse things in life to get upset over. Being left out is not one of them. Some people don't even realize that they're doing it. Just because you aren't invited to be with your friends all the time does not mean they do not love or care about you.
I've realized people have said some pretty crappy things about me, but I've said stupid things about people before that I know I shouldn't have. It's not my place to say things about people, especially when I'm not that person. I don't know exactly what is going on in their lives, so I shouldn't pretend like I do. That goes for the people who say things about me as well.
We live in a world that is the furthest thing from perfect, and we ourselves, are the furthest thing from perfect. Yet I think we can all make an effort to try and make this world a better place. Make it easier on those who are struggling. Make it easier for all of us to live in.
Life is so short, and I really don't think we have the time for hate, or gossip, or being mean. All I can say is it ends here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely said. It also has a lot to do with growing up. It's hard to get used to, but believe it or not, your friends are going to go their separate ways. Doesn't mean you won't always be friends, things just change. Everyone grows up.

Rachel Elder said...

Ash, you're an amazing, smart, beautiful, sweetheart of a girl, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!! It is hard to learn the lessons of life but worth it. You will find that balance in your life that makes you happy. Surround yourself with happy people and you will be happy. Thats at least what I have found to be true in mine. But just so ya know, I think your an amazing girl:D Love your blog!

Ps. Sorry I haven't commented in a while. I tried to switch something on my blog and it deleted my side bar that showed me updates! Sorry girl, I'll be better at commenting now! Love ya!