10.07.2009

Life in General


Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we
are powerful beyond measure. Is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens
us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be. You are a child of God. Your playing small
doesn't serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that
other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as
children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine
, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated
from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. ~Marianne Williamson

Well I sure needed that quote. Lately I have had this fear of not being good enough. I feel like if I just keep silent and do my own thing i won't be a bother to anyone. But then someone pointed out how invisible i really had become. It really made me think a lot about how i had been acting. I don't want to be known as someone who hid in other peoples shadows, i want to shine with my own light as well. I want to do great things in my life. I want to make a difference, but i can't do that if i just let the world pass me by. So I'm going to work harder at just being myself, I know I shouldn't have to care about what others think of me really. I know who loves me and i know who cares about me, so why should anyone Else's opinions matter?

No comments: