12.19.2011

I'm a big girl now...

Can you believe that it's almost Christmas? I sure can't. Life is sure flying by quickly now-a-days. What's a girl to do with herself, when she can't even get a hold on time? I sure have no idea.
Like any faithful wife, I have now been to my hubby's play three times. I would go every night, but we're kinda lacking in the monies department and I only had two free tickets out of the three... so you see my dilemma. At least I try right? Right.
Lately, a strange thought has come to my mind many times, and it scares, yet intrigues me at the same time. I think it only finally hit me that I'm growing older. Making more adult decisions. I've been reading lots and lots of blogs lately, and for those who's blogs I read that are still in high school or just barely graduating, I feel at least 15 years older than. Not to say that I'm more mature, I don't think that's the case; but I believe that the steps that I've taken in my life have led me to feel like I've experienced so much, in just a short seven months.

I no longer have to worry whether that cute boy likes me. I don't fear the thought of marriage (duh). I don't dream of having my own place to live (ok, a house would be nice, but you get my point right?).
I still have concerns over the future, but those who are not married, will not quite have the concerns that I have right now.
I am passed all those youthful concerns that I had. I now have to make big girl decisions. Like when to start adding to my little family, or what career path I need to take, and how to get there.
To be honest I'm not quite so concerned whether I'm left out of a get together with friends, and I'm done trying to fight for friends that aren't willing to fight for me.This used to be a big deal to me not even a few months ago, but as time has gone on I've realized the people who are the most important to me, are those who are going to make an effort to be in my life. I shouldn't be focusing on keeping friendships alive if those friends aren't going to try themselves. I've gained such better relationships with family members because of this attitude and they've turned out to be my absolute favorite people to hang out with. Which is a good thing too because I am with them for eternity after all aren't I?
My main focus is making my husband, my Heavenly Father, my family, and myself happy. I hope that doesn't sound selfish. I don't think it is. Once you make the important people in your lives happy, it's so much easier to make the rest of the world happy too.
Now that I am focused on bigger concerns than whether or not I get invited to a Halloween party, or whether the boy I like will ask me to prom, I can feel myself taking on that adult role.
It scares me, but I'm ready. I know I am. I've been through so much in the past seven months that have made me grow into a better, stronger person, and I really am working hard at doing that every day.
Growing up has hit me whether I like it or not, yet I know that I can handle it. I know I can face any obstacle that is in my way, otherwise it wouldn't be in my way.

No comments: