12.06.2011

Fight To Fit

This journey has been a hard one I'll be honest. With my back being in the condition it is, it's hard to do much of anything, but I keep trying. I made sure to start doing my PT exercises every single night ever since my last appointment. I wasn't doing very well with that. I went black friday shopping and standing up and walking for that long was bad on my poor hips and back. It completely ruined all the work we had done in therapy to get me back to normal. My physical therapist told me I was almost as bad as I was when I first came in. A lot of that had to do with the fact that I wasn't doing my exercises. I'd either forget or just be too lazy to.
Isn't that what I've been aiming not to do?
This is my fight to get healthy. What's the point of that if I'm not even doing the exercises my therapist tells me to do? So with the help of my ever so encouraging husband I've been doing them every night. They really are workouts too. I thought they would just be simple little things that wouldn't take much, but they leave me sore. I miss feeling sore I'll be honest. It means I'm working hard.
I have been doing pretty well with my eating habits. I haven't completely cut back on everything, but I've definitely down sized my portions, and ate more fruits and vegetables. I'm really proud of that. I know that I can always do better though, because once upon a time, I was at my best.
Once upon a time I did hard things. 

For example I finished a 5k in 30 minutes, actually placing in my age division, which is tough considering I was running against mostly people who are on track and stuff like that. 

& you know what? I know that I can still do hard stuff! 
I'm going to be that girl again, but I'm going to be even better. 

1 comment:

Danielle and Trev said...

You can do hard things!! Good luck with recovery. You are strong!