9.22.2011

You're probably sick of hearing about this but....

Remember how once upon a time, I promised to post wedding photo's and reception pictures? Yeah, well I hadn't had access to those until very recently, so I am only now just posting. But for those of you who did not attend, here is a little peak into my wedding day.

May 6, 2011 I was married to the love of my life in the Manti, Utah temple. Everyone has reasons for choosing which temple they got married in. I chose Manti because:
1. It's one of the most beautiful temples I have ever seen &
2. Because my great grandmother, grandmother, and mother, were all married in this very temple.
But I wasn't alone in choosing this temple. Oran had reason to choose it as well, this was the temple he took his endowments out in, and also the first temple he had ever been to (doing baptisms). When we found out that we both had a tremendous love for this temple we knew that we were going to marry one another. 
Despite the fact that the weather had been horrible just days before the wedding, on May 6th the blue sky showed through the clouds and the temperature was at a nice 75 degrees. Let's just say that it was absolutely perfect. I can't even begin to explain to you how magical it feels walking up to the temple and seeing your husband-to-be waiting outside for you, and taking your hand. I can't tell you how strong the spirit is, and how you feel like you're floating on air. I hope one day you can all go inside the Manti temple and see just how absolutely breath taking it is on the inside. Nothing against other temples, but it hands down has the most beautiful interior I have ever laid eyes upon. 
I just want to put it out there right now to everyone, aim for a temple marriage. There is nothing more beautiful, more special, or wonderful than being sealed to the love of your life for time and all eternity. Death has no hold upon your love for each other. It lasts forever. Never ever settle. The temple is what you need to keep your sights on. 
After my mother and the sweet temple ladies helped me get ready, I found my brand new husband waiting for me in the entrance. He looked so handsome to me at that moment in time, I couldn't help but smile. I have no idea how I contained the tears that were trying to force themselves out of my eyes, but this was literally the happiest I had ever been in my life. 


I loved having my friends and family outside waiting for me. Happy for me. I had so many people who made great sacrifices just to be there for me on my special day, and I'm so thankful for them, and their love. It was such a special moment I was so happy to share with those people, and I'm glad I can share it with you now as well. 


Even all of my girl friends were able to make it and be there for me. It really meant so much. 



We were running a little late so we had to hurry through pictures but I was adament on having them. I'm sorry to all those who had to wait for me to arrive at the luncheon because I was being a little selfish, but hey it was my wedding day and I felt I had that right. I'm still sorry.








I know it may sound cheesy, but just looking at these pictures and writing about this day had me in tears of happiness. Honestly I can't think of a happier time in my life. Why? Because we didn't just have our love, we had God's love too, and that is essential for happiness. 

Next I will post about the luncheon. 


No comments: