2.25.2011

Once Upon A Time...

I heard my bedroom door creak, and my eyes fluttered open. My mom sat on my bed, and handed me a note, attached was a pine cone.
"I'm supposed to give this to you." She replied, and waited as my tired mind tried to read the note I had been given.
It read as follows:
Clue #1
Ashlee,
My love, It is early in the morning, but you're gonna have to get up and get ready by 9:00 am. Make sure you are ready for church because you won't be coming back home until after church. If you want your Valentines Day present on Monday you will follow what I tell you to do. You're going on a scavenger hunt to a lot of the places that are special to us. Bring both of your cameras. Pick up KiKi, and Diana by 9:00. You must find each pine cone marked by the red ribbons. Read the clues, then follow the clues to the next pine cone. Once you are done you will be led to me waiting at the church. Take a picture at each stop and alternate between Ky and Diana being in the picture standing in for me. The other will record each stop on the camera. Make sure there is enough room on the cameras and that you have batteries. Good luck and I love you! After you pick both of them up go to the spot where we went sledding with the kids.
(in case you were wondering why there is a pinecone, it has a special meaning to Oran and I, especially considering the first night I told him I loved him I gave him the pinecone, which I may explain to you at a later date.)

I immediately jumped out of bed to get ready. I wasn't entirely sure what he was planning. My guess was he was just trying to be cute, since that day was in fact our anniversary. I did exactly as I was told and was ready by nine. My mom had instruction to take a picture with me before the scavenger hunt.
After that we were off.
It went as follows:
Clue #2






Clue #3



Clue #4






Clue#5





Clue #6






Clue #7




Clue #8



We called him and apparently we had to do a little singin' and dancin' in the car.
But the video takes much to long to load so you can just use your imagination.


Clue #9





Clue #10




Clue #11



At this point we had reached the end of this lovely scavenger hunt. I was reminded of the days that brought us together like we are, and it filled my heart with joy. I wasn't smart enough to realize that I had only received 11 pine cones, instead of twelve as it states in the letter. I must be entirely oblivious to life.
 I grabbed my friends cell phone and proceeded to call him as I was instructed, when I heard something in the bushes. I turned around and there he was dressed his best walking toward me. My mouth had to have been open, and the phone was still ringing in my hand. I looked up and saw my whole family coming to watch as by-standers, and was only slightly confused. Just for a moment. I glanced at his hands, noticing he was carrying something. It was the 12th pine cone. Attached to the 12th pine cone, was a ring.
I felt at the moment as if I were exploding inside. A goofy smile sprouted on my face, and a happy giddy feeling resided throughout my entire body. He got down on one knee, took my hand, and said,
"Ashlee Ann Schroeppel, will you marry me?"
The yes came out of my mouth as soon as he had finished speaking. A smile spread across  his face and he grabbed my hand and put the ring on slowly. I had butterfly's flying everywhere in my stomach right then. As soon as the ring was in place he held his arms open and I jumped in for a hug. I realize everyone that was with us was probably annoyed that we embraced for so long in silence, but I didn't care. I was so entirely happy at the moment all I wanted was for him to hold me, and the two of us get lost in that moment forever.





Needless to say, I'm a very happy girl, engaged to a wonderful man, and I can't wait to be sealed to him for time and all eternity.
Just in case you were wondering, we are getting married May 6th in the Manti Temple. Yes, it's very soon, and I've been planning like crazy, and it's all very exciting. My blog may turn into a wedding planner very soon.
Let me add to the end of this post, that I'm in love, and it feels so good.
Here's to Happily Ever After.

3 comments:

Sharon.Ovalle.♥. said...

Oh. My. Gosh.
Ashlee congratulations! It is so weird that we are now old enough to get married, I can't even believe it! But you have been so happy lately and I just wish you all the love and happiness in the world!

somethingcoolerthan said...

Thank you so much Sharon! You're so sweet:) I know it is crazy! I don't know how we all got so old!

Mallory said...

ADORABLE