4.29.2010

Some words of encouragement.

I need some words of encouragement. Right now I'm struggling to feel encouraged. Or feel good about anything. It's being sick... why do people think that means that I can't do things with them? Right now is the time I need my friends the most, and I'm feeling just a tad abandoned. I'm trying so hard to be strong. Yet it seems disapointment is following me around everywhere I go. I really just need to take some time to breathe. Take a step back and look at life. See the things that I should be appreciating now. Im tired of this negativity. I want an escape from it.
My family has supported me the most in this time of need. I feel like were closer than we ever have been. I'm even getting along with my brother better. They are definitely my greatest blessing in this life, and I am so thankful that I am sealed to them for time and all eternity. Most improtantly I'm thankful for the priesthood, and that my dad posses it. It gives me great comfort to know that when I need a lift or a boost of encouragement or peace, that my father can give me a blessing. I hope all men honor and respect their priesthood. It is such a great blessing to have, and I have such a strong testimony of it.

Now for those words of encouragement I spoke of earlier. I found some quotes that I really enjoyed. (I'm a notorious quote collector. I have a book full of my favorite ones that I write down.) I hope you all enjoy these quotes as much as I, and if you have any words of encouragement please comment and let me know:)

"If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes."

"Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine." ~Anthony J. D'Angelo, The College Blue Book

"Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day."

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. ~Francesca Reigler

To be upset over what you don't have is to waste what you do have. ~Ken S. Keyes, Jr., Handbook to Higher Consciousness

I don't like that man. I must get to know him better. ~Abraham Lincoln

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. ~Buddha

I don't think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains. ~Anne Frank, The Diary of a Young Girl

When you feel dog tired at night, it may be because you've growled all day long. ~Author Unknown

Good fortune shies away from gloom. Keep your spirits up. Good things will come to you and you will come to good things. ~Glorie Abelhas

Whenever you fall, pick something up. ~Oswald Avery

I wish I was a glow worm,

A glow worm's never glum.
'Cos how can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out your bum!
~Author Unknown

Sometimes life's Heck. But hey! Whatever gets the marshmallows toasty. ~J. Andrew Helt
 
If you have the will to win, you have achieved half your success; if you don't, you have achieved half your failure. ~David Ambrose
 
Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns; I am thankful that thorns have roses. ~Alphonse Karr
 
I never really look for anything. What God throws my way comes. I wake up in the morning and whichever way God turns my feet, I go. ~Pearl Bailey
 
Physical strength is measured by what we can carry; spiritual by what we can bear.

No comments: